[CentOS-docs] aging of translations

Thu Feb 25 17:02:17 UTC 2010
Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>wrote:

> I've attached the complete output from the age_test for 'es' along with
> this email, to make it slightly easier for people to import into something
> more productive than email buffers.
>
> Now the thing is, if this sort of a status report helps I'd like to perhaps
> plumb this into a wiki hosted page itself, and have it refresh every day.
>
> There are a few assumptions made in the code:
> - the name of the page is the same in all languages, including path
> - all languages start with a 2 character language code (1)
> - all pages are 'original' in english
> - 'age' is taken as timestamp of last edit
>
> Other things
>
> - we need to find someway of marking pages we dont care about ( eg.
> people's pages ) ( free win -> being able to generate list of pages that
> dont exist in a specific language but do in English )

- Can we 'inject' something into the original page that says 'this page is
> YY days older than the original page, so look there as well'
>
> Comments, thoughts, views ?

Sure I'd want such a page. Moreover, it looks to me as a great organising
chart for translators' teams. I dream of, say,

1- Create a Team's page for translators to XX-lang-namespace. Insert a table
into page, put team members at top row. Give the team editing rights.
2- Use a spider script like age_test or possibly exploit moinmoin's own
LocalSiteMap output of wiki root. Do same thing for /XX-lang-namespace. Diff
for missing files and calculate days-older.
3- Insert report into table, widows on own row to flag translation is
missing.
4- Rest of table cells will work as checkboxes, flag as Assigned, Done, etc.
Subscript Assignee to changes.
5- Wisely manage somehow not to lose assignments when table is refreshed

This is the all-moin-integrated version of things, of course. I have been
diving into moin docs but haven't found evidence of such an add-on. Neither
I have found an external tool to do the same bookkeeping.

What do other teams do?

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue