[CentOS-docs] Install On Partitionable RAID1
Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Wed Jan 20 22:50:31 UTC 2010
I have some suggested tweaks and changes to
1. The user should be instructed to start rescue mode with networking in
order to be able to retrieve the patch for mkinitrd.
2. The command to create /etc/mdadm.conf will result in an extra line
"spares=1" while the array is still syncing. Adding " | head -1 " to
the command to create it fixes the problem.
3. Some additional discussion on how to handle multiple partitions
should be added. There is an implicit assumption that only "/" is used.
4. It is not necessary to change "LABEL=..." to "/dev/md_d0..." in
/etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.conf.
5. There is no indication of the page author - Lev Shamardin - nor
statement about page maintenance preferences.
If the page author, Lev Shamardin, does not object I would be glad to
make the changes, or to further discuss them.
More information about the CentOS-docs