[CentOS-docs] edit by AlanBartlett

R P Herrold herrold at centos.org
Thu Jul 29 15:16:46 EDT 2010

I see this diff:

Subject: centos wiki] u/d  AdditionalResources/Repositories  /RPMForge  by
     AlanBartlett
The following page has been changed by AlanBartlett:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/RPMForge?action=diff&rev2=31&rev1=30

The comment on the change is:

No questions should be asked of any author within any article.
Please use "Info" to determine to whom a particular query
should be addressed.

   == CentOS 3 ==
   Does not have protectbase.

- Does have a {{{rpmforge-release}}} package but you don't want it enabled; QUERY: Why? RPH
+ Does have a {{{rpmforge-release}}} package but you don't want it enabled.

CentOS wiki articles have no ongoing 'owning' author of record
by design -- they may have an initial author who cares about
the content of an article.  If so, that author will set a
monitor on that article on a self-service basis, and read
diffs, and decide if they still care.  We settled that long
ago

You know, my initial reaction is to revert this as it is
still unanswered

I am aware of no 'style guide' to the effect of that commit
comment, and would not support one to that effect if proposed.
It breaks agile development.  If you want bureaucracy, Fedora
awaits

I've made my view in CentOS space (that is: here) quite clear,
that broken matter needs to stick out to provoke the author or
champion of it to fix it.  This question has been there since
2010-05-27, and the question remains unanswered here or there.
Burying it under a rug does not answer it

This is basic agile development process, and really any non
top down developmental process:  The principle is:  break
 	loudly and as early as an error is detected, to avoid
 	concealing broken code

agile is of course the refactored 'continuous improvement
process' child of 'eXtreme Programming' [a somewhat broken
'early draft'], and uses Ward Cunningham et al's XP tool, the
wiki

And we are back to where we started.  If a person wants to
write a book, go write a book.  But as to the edit (which I
will shortly revert) the venue it is in is still a wiki

-- Russ herrold