[CentOS-docs] edit by AlanBartlett

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 16:24:26 EDT 2010

On 29/07/10 21:03, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> So, here comes the positive thinking part: what would have worked
> better if placing the query within the page did not do the job?
> 'Asking on this mailing list' comes to my mind. That way, chances of
> getting attention will be quite good.  Posting here will also be
> useful especially if a question is something that is best discussed by
> people on the -doc list rather than something the person who wrote the
> sentence "decides".
>
> Akemi

I agree 100%

IMHO discussion should best take place on this docs discussion mailing
list, not within the docs themselves.

If you feel a paragraph/doc is broken, feel free to fix it - that's the
purpose of a Wiki. If you simply want to point out that a paragraph/doc
is broken, raise it here for discussion on how/who best to fix it.

I feel much the same way about this edit:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_sasl?action=diff&rev2=22&rev1=21

It adds nothing to the document and merely leaves the target audience
confused. If there's a simpler/better way then take 5 minutes to edit
the document to make that change.