[CentOS-docs] Tips and Tricks: Install from GRUB

Tue Jun 1 16:48:40 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 06:21 PM, Ed Heron wrote:
> I had an urge to ask the same about updating CentOS docs, but that is
> commonly interpreted as volunteering to lead the task.  I'd volunteer to
> help, though.  Is someone currently in charge of that?

Tru has been looking into some of the docs recently, but the 'guides'
section definitely needs an owner and keeper. Thanks for stepping up and
offering to help with this!

> http://www.centos.org/docs/5/ suggests that the CentOS project
> redistributes without modification.  Since this isn't code, I assume
> (subject to correction) that this process is different than the process
> at http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General/RebuildReleaseProcess but possibly
> similar in some respects for the equivalent rpms.

The process for the docs is not really the same as the rpms. 'Process'.
End result is that we need to meet the licensing requirements of the
docs as they are posted upstream, and yet be able to change them enough
that they are self contained. I believe the details of the requirements
are mentioned at the bottom of every page of the docs at
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/

- KB