[CentOS-docs] HowTos - 21. CentOS Guidelines - How to create public mirrors for CentOS

Mon Jun 21 04:01:06 UTC 2010
Maulvi Bakar <maulvi at maulvi.net>

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Ralph Angenendt
<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>wrote:

> Am 17.06.10 18:18, schrieb Maulvi Bakar:
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM, Ralph Angenendt
> > <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com <mailto:ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:08 AM, Maulvi Bakar <maulvi at maulvi.net
> >     <mailto:maulvi at maulvi.net>> wrote:
> >     > Hi all
> >     >
> >     > I guess, as per http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute -  3. Contribute
> >     to the
> >     > Wiki, I am being persistent.
> >
> >     Good >:)
> >
> >     > The proposal is mainly to address these 'frequently' asked
> >     questions. Other
> >     > proposed additions that was listed are mainly extras or bonuses -
> >     things
> >     > that I think would be helpful and beneficial to the community,
> >     speeding up
> >     > deployments of new mirrors by having some of the technical
> questions
> >     > pre-answered in a howto.
> >     >
> >     > I hope my proposal is acceptable..
> >
> >     Yeah, I think the bantering here was more about where to put a
> >     document like that, and I must admint that I am still not perfectly
> >     sure on where to put that.
> >
> >     But: Let me give you access to your "Homepage" on the Wiki, you can
> >     then create the article under there for others to look at it. In the
> >     meanwhile it might become clearer on where to put that article.
> >
> >     MaulviBakar <- is that your wiki account?
> >
> >     Regards,
> >
> >     Ralph
> >

> > Hi Ralph
> >
> > Thank you for responding  ;-)
> >
> > Yes, my wiki account's username is "MaulviBakar".
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/MaulviBakar is "all yours", so why don't you
> start the document under there and then
>
> > In regards to the document location, IMHO I'd say a link should be added
> > to FAQ section of the InfraWiki to the current location of HowTo, which
> > if approved, to be expanded.
>
> we'll see where it fits. I'm thinking putting it in the InfraWiki space
> and then linking to it from the HowTo section seems to be the best at
> the moment.
>
> Sorry for taking so long to answer, but there's a soccer
> worldchampionship happening out there >:)
>
> Ralph

HI Ralph

Thank you for the access.. I'll have the sample page up soon..

As to the location, putting it in the InfraWiki and linking it from
the HowTo or the other way round will work the same  ;-)

Paraguay played well yesterday and so did the All Whites..  A pity for Kaka
though, a very undeserved sending off. I know the South Americans are the
favourites this year but I'd prefer a European team to win the world cup
this time around again but Europe's favourites seems enigmatic these early
rounds. Defending champions held to a draw by the Kiwis?  :-O

Regards

Maulvi Bakar