[CentOS-docs] Closing loop: How-to for NVIDIA driver on Xen Dom0

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 13:07:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Cris Rhea <crhea at rentaclue.com> wrote:
> Ralph:
>
>   Is there a solution by now which is stable and does not
>   spontaneously reboot your machine when you least expect it?
>
>   Would that be more of a Tips and Tricks article? Or a longer HowTo?
>
> ---
> While I've certainly had some flakey hardware cause issues, I run my
> work desktop and some key servers with the NVIDIA drivers and rarely
> see a problem (once you get everything installed and happy).

I am not talking about flakey hardware, I am talking about the first
solutions for running the nividia kernel in a dom0. Those lead to
spontaneous reboots at least twice a day ...

So if you say that it now is working and is stable - I have nothing
against that article on the wiki. If we have to slap a warning sign on
the article "This can crash your machine", I'd rather not :)

> I was thinking my article would be a "HowTo", only because it was
> a cookbook for "how to" get this configuration running. If the Wiki
> moderators feel it belongs in T&T, based on length, I'm OK with that.

No, was just asking - I didn't know how large that one was.

Ralph