[CentOS-docs] General FAQ addition

Thu Mar 4 13:54:10 UTC 2010
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

R P Herrold wrote on 03/03/2010 04:23 PM:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
>> Added an entry to http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General :
>>
>> 23. How do I provide appropriate information about my system when asking
>> questions?
>>
>> Comments, corrections, and other (constructive :-) ) criticisms are
>> hereby solicited.
>

> looks like a wheel reinvention ;(

Thanks for the comments Russ, but as Karanbir says, sysreport/sos
provides a LOT of information.  We were shooting at much smaller targets
with the scripts.  I should have mentioned - The effort was an outgrowth
of a long thread on the "User Comments" forum and not just my idea.

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=25030&forum=18

Phil