[CentOS-docs] a general suggestion for all of the doc pages

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:29:01 UTC 2010

Am 07.10.10 14:29, schrieb Robert P. J. Day:

>   generalizing somewhat from my earlier note about the "securing SSH"
> page:
>
>   http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/SecuringSSH
>
> i don't know what level of intro a page like that should have but when
> i've presented things like this to classes i've taught, or written
> short online tutorials, the very first thing i document are the
> packages involved.

That probably depends, yes. But openssh-server *and* openssh are
installed on CentOS by default (and enabled by default), so the intro
talking about a default install of openssh is quite right here :)

You would have to jump through several hoops to get a CentOS install
without those two packages.

Ralph