[CentOS-docs] suggestion for HOWTO: bonding multiple NICs

R P Herrold

herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Oct 10 20:31:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Why the F*** does everybody think he has to do his own
> "docs" page instead of working with CentOS to have that
> documentation in one place? *SIGH*

Probably the same reason that some in CentOS feel a need to
maintain a local wiki chock full of non-unique restatement of
matter NOT unique to CentOS, rather than 'upstreaming'
improvements to flow down to all below

There is ancient precedent from the outside counsel to the
upstream asserting that they do NOT want 'deep linking' into
the upstream's content, but ...

http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-February/012515.html

particularly:

> Moreover, our client does not allow others to provide links
> to our client's web site without permission.

http://www.pnaelv.com/letter_body/

-- Russ herrold