[CentOS-docs] Re : Wiki: Howtos/Virtualization/HyperV

Milos Blazevic milos.blazevic at sbb.rs
Sat Apr 2 09:15:59 EDT 2011

Hello Ozy,

having used Hyper-V for about two years, ever since it was 'published'
in it's pre-release version immediately after release of Windows 2008
Server, I'm very glad you found the time to write a Wiki article on the
issue. I remember the time drifts in particular, and wasting two whole
days troubleshooting the problem until I finally got it resolved - and
at that time, LIC was not even at version 2.

However, I'm not here to chit-chat about my experiences with Hyper-V and
CentOS, but to point out another issue (more of a pain in the butt) with
this software setup, and that is - the rebuilding of the kernel modules
every time you reinstall the kernel - something very recommended with EL
distro such as CentOS. And, in this respect I'd like to add my
'contribution' by pointing you to the article addressing this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2387594

Yes, venturing to that domain does kinda make one a pilgrim in an unholy
land,... But regardless, Hyper-V environment is no longer available to
me - and hasn't been for the past 6 months or so, hence, I'm unable to
test this for myself... but it's still one of the battles I don't
consider won (by getting to the bottom of it) - and I think at least I
got even.

Having said that, I would really appreciate if you could review the
article, got back to me with your findings, and if the content from this
source could find it's way into this fine Wiki article of yours :)

Kind regards,
--
***Milos Blazevic*
Cert. No: 805010564450148