[CentOS-docs] Contributing to Wiki

Jim Woods redkilian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:25:01 EDT 2011

>On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> The wiki isnt a mailing list, please dont use it to 'communicate' with
> people.

Are you serious?

You're telling me it's not acceptable "procedure" to create a wiki
page, say WebsiteVer2/WireFrame, where folks can post an image for the
website design, then discuss on the mailing list and point people to
that wiki page to look at?

I should post my existing website content review (not very short) just
to the mailing list? Not as a wiki page where others can edit and
adjust? A living document on the wiki and discussion on the mailing
list, that's unacceptable?

Now, I am going to guess this is a mis-understanding. That you thought
I was just going to post my email verbatim to the wiki. That is not
the case. All I wanted to do was create the starter pages like the
ones I mention above, then post to the mailing list and get the
discussion moving forward. It seemed inefficient to me to try and use
the mailing list for the collaborative work portion and not the wiki.

Thanks,

Jim