[CentOS-docs] WebSite V2 - progress

Marian Marinov

mm at yuhu.biz
Sat Apr 16 22:16:14 UTC 2011

On Saturday 16 April 2011 13:40:52 Mathieu Baudier wrote:

> Cool!
>
> > I was told in the devel ML that the 3 wireframes were not pulicly
> > visible. So you can see them here:
> >  http://hydra.azilian.net/centos/
> >
> > 1. http://hydra.azilian.net/centos/centos_frontpage_design_option_1.png
>
> I prefer this one, also visible here apparently:
> http://qaweb.dev.centos.org/websitever2/node/40
>
> Which version of Drupal do you plan to use? (if you do use Drupal,
> what I would support)
>
> I'm currently testing Drupal 7 on CentOS 5.6 with php53 and I'm very
> happy so far.
>
> I have adapted the Fedora Drupal 7 RPM fro CentOS and added some
> modules in it (for LDAP integration and force SSL).
> I don't want to publish the spec file publicly because I'm not
> confident enough in the security, but if you want I can send you
> directly the spec file (or to other CentOS members), just as a basis
> in case you want to use an RPM packaged Drupal 7.
>
> I wish I could help more but I'm not a Drupal or PHP developer (I'm a
> Java developer...).
> I'm happy to test betw versions of teh website though.
>
> Thanks and good luck for the new website!
>
> Mathieu
>
> PS: the QA web OpenAtrium is cool as well!!

We haven't decided on the web site software yet. We are still talking about
that.

Currently I'm trying to push the web site design phase so we can finish the
blocker part... and then we can decide with what we will be serving this
designs :)

This is why we have the wireframe proposals.

You don't need to be designers to have an opinion about the site :)

Marian