[CentOS-docs] CentOS 6 (and 5.6) doc on http://www.centos.org/docs

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Jul 8 13:01:57 EDT 2011

Hi documentation team,

As CentOS 6 is now being released to the mirrors, it would be a good
time to think about putting the accurate documentation on
http://www.centos.org/docs
Red Hat changed their documentation license in the past and they are now
using the CC-by-SA license.
My own understanding (but IANAL) is that we can just share the
documentation , and just linking back to upstream without modifying the
documentation.
That would be easier for newer doc as every 'bit' that is CentOS
specific should/would be in our release note wiki page for that version.

Read the "Legal Notice" section for example on that page :
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html

As well as the CC-by-SA license here :

What are your ideas on that ?

Fabian