[CentOS-docs] [Propose] Chroot vsftpd with non-system users

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 18:12:41 EDT 2011

Am 14.07.11 14:13, schrieb Sunry Chen:
> The proposed location of Wiki contribution:
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Chroot_Vsftpd_with_non-system_users
>
> I propose this Wiki to give user choice that they can select whether
> virtual users
> and system account coexist in vsftpd system.

That would mean to change all the scripts (and still makes it possible
to use the same user name twice).

> The shell file vsftpd_virtual_config.sh should also adjust to make
> this function work.

Yes, as the scripts at the moment fiddle with user accounts, so real
user accounts are getting deleted.

> It works for me to put below two lines ahead of the original
> /etc/pam.d/vsftpd file:
> auth    sufficient  pam_userdb.so db=/etc/vsftpd/accounts
> account sufficient  pam_userdb.so db=/etc/vsftpd/accounts

Hmmm. Is this change really needed or will that lead to confusion?

Any opinions on that?

Ralph