[CentOS-docs] Proposed change to HowTos/Skype

Wed Jul 20 14:10:15 UTC 2011
John Fettig <john.fettig at gmail.com>

In the section for CentOS-5, it would be nice if the following
alternative method for running Skype on CentOS-5 were presented:

You can download a statically linked version of Skype which will work
in CentOS-5 from
http://download.skype.com/linux/skype_static-2.1.047.tar.bz2

I think it's a little bit silly that the first recommendation for
running skype on CentOS-5 is to install a new version of libstdc++!
Hopefully the version I've linked to will remain available directly
through skype's homepage, and if not, some public mirror will arise.

If you want me to change this directly, my login is JohnFettig.  I
would be happy if e.g. Akemi Yagi (amyagi at gmail.com) would add this
info.

John