[CentOS-docs] CentOS 6 (and 5.6) doc on http://www.centos.org/docs

Mon Jul 11 18:29:26 UTC 2011
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 19:03 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 07/09/2011 04:13 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> >>     It is my impression that we could and should 'adapt' the documentation
> >> by removing the upstream provider logos and other marks (as applicable)
> >> and mark the documentation as CentOS documentation.  Obviously,
> >> including references to the original document.  This would give the
> >> CentOS project the ability to edit out the aspects that are specific to
> >> the upstream product, such as the contract number during install.
> >
> > ok, submit a patch / script to do that :-)
> >

> depending on how much of it can be automated, that would be idea -
> otherwise we can import the stuff into a git repo and use that as a base
> to work from.
>
> - KB

  That sounded like a vote for maintaining CentOS versions of the
docs...

  Would it be too much work to import it into the wiki system (since it
already has a revision control system) and export a set of pages to
e-pub or other formats?  I assume we would have to maintain footers that
include pointers to the original content on each page.

  This could create more traffic on the wiki.  Is bandwidth or machine
time a concern?