[CentOS-docs] C6 needs a FAQ entry for GUI setup ( tweaking xorg.conf )

Thu Jul 21 22:07:36 UTC 2011
R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>     As some of you probably already know, since RHEL 6 xorg.conf does
> not exist any more by default.

it is not created by default any more, but is honored if
present is my understanding, as for multi-head, and for
solving tricky scan problems

Based on the questions asked on IRC, I
> think it would be a good idea to add a FAQ entry on how to create one (
> and how to modify the resolution on systems where the defaults are not OK).

a pretty wide topic -- as I recall there is an option to emit
the config file.  but addressing general X setup is robably
not something we want to do locally, so much as simply point
to the proper upstream archives?

>     Is anyone with prior experience in this domain willing to do it ?
> Otherwise I'll have to compile one myself...

I have some notes -- I'll discuss in IRC w you tomorrow

-- Russ herrold