[CentOS-docs] Wiki error

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 23:12:36 EDT 2011

I was following instructions in the wiki here
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreateLocalMirror
to create a local mirror for testing VMs instead of hitting the public mirrors.

However, I could not mount the NFS share in the guest. Error logged on
the host was:
request to export an unmounted filesystem: /share

After some googling, I found this discussion
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=311075
which indicates that the problem is with this part in the wiki:

cat >> /etc/exports
/share  192.168.1.0/24(rw,mountpoint)

The option "mountpoint" should not be specified for a directory.

I was able to mount the NFS share after removing it. Could somebody
else verify and update the wiki if confirmed?