[CentOS-docs] Notification Emails

Alan Bartlett

ajb at elrepo.org
Wed Jun 1 15:32:14 UTC 2011

On 1 June 2011 06:10, Cody Jackson <supertanker13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the wiki actually send out emails to KaranbirSingh,
> RalphAngenendt, RussHerrold, TimVerhoeven, AkemiYagi, NedSlider,
> AlanBartlett, MarcusMoeller, TimothyLee, LaurentWandrebeck,
> TimoSchoeler, GaoHu, and AlainRegueraDelgado with every edit?
>
> It makes me a little nervous updating the T43 page or my homepage. I
> don't want to spam anyone.

Further to Ned's reply, please do not feel nervous about what you do, Cody.

In particular, the last two edits you have made to the T43 page have
been followed by edits made by myself. I'm not checking up on you in
any way but when I receive notification of a page edit by *anyone*, I
will review the page in question and, if in the course of that review
I notice something to fix, I will there & then fix it. So in the case
of the last two edits I have made to the T43 page, if you check the
page info, you will see that I (1) corrected the capitalisation of a
name (2) adjusted the text to correct the "curse of the CamelCase".
Hence, indirectly, it is your actions that have resulted in subtle
improvements to that page. :)

One person (I won't mention Russ' name) relies on the fact that when
he makes an edit, I will review the page in question within the next
24 hours and "dust / polish" it, as appropriate. So the facts are put
down on the page -- perhaps just a "screen-scrape / paste" -- and then
the surrounding words are subsequently adjusted by me to allow a
non-expert in the field to obtain the information required with the
minimum of difficulty.

[The burakkucat raises his paw to salute the orc_orc on the other side
of the puddle. :D ]

Alan.