[CentOS-docs] initial page for 6.0 RN

Sat Jun 18 19:47:15 UTC 2011
Cody Jackson <supertanker13 at gmail.com>

On 6/18/11, Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
> Hello
>
>      I've created the first version of the ReleaseNotes page for CentOS
> 6.0 in the wiki. As usual, corrections / additions / translations are
> welcome.

Hi;

I just glanced at this after breakfast, and I spotted a few
grammatical errors you might wish to change:

Section 2:
"upstream vendors redistribution policy" should probably be "upstream
vendor's redistribution policy." (In fact, I notice this is on the 5.6
release notes page as well.)

Section 6.3:
"Even as an inexperienced CentOS user we can use your help" sounds a
bit like the release team is comprised of inexperienced CentOS users.
It is, of course, not! Perhaps something like "Even as an
inexperienced CentOS user, you can help the CentOS project!" would
work better?

This line made me pause as well:
"Because we like to know what problems you encountered, if you had
problems finding specific information, how you would improve
documentation so it becomes more accessible."

At the least, it should have a question mark at the end, although it
is an awkward question. How does one improve documentation? The
average user probably will not know. It might be better to include
some specific advice here: get in touch with the dev team, contribute
your own documentation, etc.

Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
Cody Jackson