[CentOS-docs] Proposal for a new page - NFS port locking

Wed May 4 06:19:02 UTC 2011
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 05/03/2011 02:31 PM, Steve Barnes wrote:
> G'day
>
> Further to a little discussion on #centos-social IRC, I'd like to put together a wiki page that describes the steps required to lock-down the ports used by NFS. I expect it'll be quite short, with
> details on which NFS related config files to edit and a short iptables excerpt that covers the relevant ports to allow. I'm thinking this could go under HowTos ->  Security?
>
> Unless there's a more suitable area, I can work on the initial scratch version in my home page area (which I don't presently have permission to edit).
I suggest to add the info to the already existing
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection page ( which should be
renamed to something with "security" in name, I always need a couple of
minutes to find this page if I do not have my bookmarks handy :)  )