[CentOS-docs] HOWTO: Configure a CentOS 6 Network Install Server - on my home page wiki

Tue Sep 13 14:44:17 EDT 2011

Adrian Hall wrote on 09/13/2011 02:24 PM:
> http://wiki.centos.org/AdrianHall/NetworkInstallServer
>
> I would suggest it goes into the HOWTO list.

Looks very complete.  Without testing the procedure, I will offer a few
minor suggestions and comments.

1.  The preferred method for becoming root is usually "su -".  A user
will not have sudo access by default.  You might want to link to
http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot

2. On the rsync command I would use "-aH" or "--archive --hard-link" to
save space by preserving hard links.

3.  There are some syntax problems with the code "{{{ ... }}}" structure
in the menu section.

Phil