[CentOS-docs] New HOWTO Proposal: How to Configure Centralized Authentication on CentOS 6.0

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue Sep 13 16:57:55 EDT 2011

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Adrian Hall wrote:

> I'm totally with you on the SSL/TLS.  I've been swearing at that
> particular element for over two weeks now.  Since there is no
> slapd.conf any more, the method of introducing a certificate is not
> logical, nor documented.

Heh. To date, I've only setup CentOS 6 as an LDAP client. All my LDAP
servers run CentOS 5.

> I haven't looked into sssd.  Since it isn't installed by default on
> CentOS, why would that be a requirement?  (not saying it isn't a
> good thing, but I'd probably defer that to another document as with
> the other elements you suggested)

Concerning sssd, CentOS 6 kickstart will install and activate it if
you specify installation of the "Directory Client" package group.
Since that group looks like something that folks might want to install
on LDAP clients, I suspect it'll be more widely deployed than you
think.