[CentOS-docs] Grub Installation for CentOS 5 and 6

Yves Bellefeuille yan at storm.ca
Mon Sep 19 21:03:22 EDT 2011

On Sunday 18 September 2011 11:42, Phil Schaffner wrote:

> On CentOS /boot/grub/menu.lst is a symbolic link to the real file -
> grub.conf.  I suggest adding a note to that effect, and
> "gs/menu.lst/grub.conf/".

Good point, and one I hadn't noticed.

> Style comments: The page is long enough to deserve and a table of
> contents.  Insert near the top:
>
> [[TableOfContents([1])]]

The Table of Contents syntax is mentioned but not really explained at
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Wiki/Editing and
http://wiki.centos.org/SyntaxReference . Does [[TableOfContents([1])]]
mean "Create a table of contents from the level 1 headers"?

> All the explicit numbers should be replaced by auto-generated
> numbers. For example see:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables?action=raw

Ah yes, I now see that I misread the "numbered list" syntax reference.

Is it possible to automatically number lines in code, but without syntax
highlighting? The only example in the syntax reference is #!python,
which highlights Python syntax. I tried replacing #!python by #!bash,
but that didn't work.

Thanks.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se