[CentOS-docs] http://www.centos.org/docs

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Apr 5 22:26:27 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012 07:53 PM, Paul (Crunch) wrote:
> Hi,
> Why does http://www.centos.org/docs not  point to say this for example:
>
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/index.html
>
> The latter is more comprehensive. The links that
> http://www.centos.org/docs  contains all have "upstream" labels on the
> reading material, so I'm guessing the trademark boundries are not being
> crossed.

docs is an interesting subject.

Docs we host, cant imply that the CentOS distro is the same as RHEL in
everyway. We can however say that its built from the same sources and
*should* be similar enough that all docs can apply.

Its a case of someone putting in a bit of time, downloading the docs for
EL6 from redhat.com - sanitising them, making sure the images and all TM
objects are handled correctly, the right disclaimer is added to the
footer of the pages, and we can host that on www.centos.org/docs

Looks like you quite nicely found yourself a niche issue that is waiting
for a solution, and once solved can be a nice contribution as well.

If you need resources, on the machine side of things - just say so, and
I can get something setup. Could you also send through two more things :

1) an intro about yourself, a brief snippet on history and what you are
doing with CentOS : send that to this list

2) send me an ssh pub key to use for machine access: send that to only
to one of us on the infra team, not to the list :) Although, its the pub
component.. so putting that on the list should not normally be an issue.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax