[CentOS-docs] http://www.centos.org/docs

Paul R. (Crunch)

numbercruncher245 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:05:30 UTC 2012

On 04/22/2012 07:00 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 04/22/2012 12:38 AM, Ed Heron wrote:
>>   Is it possible to export a set of pages from the wiki into a pdf or
>> e-pub format?
>
> yes, that should be possible - but would need a bit of coding around it.
> I am happy to investigate.
>
> the good thing about moin is that each page can be loaded into pyhon as
> an object, and then rendered in various formats. So that might be one
> route to take. Alternatively the text content is also available in raw
> format, so that might work too.
>
>>   Having the wiki and docs go to my kindle when they are changed would
>> be pretty cool.
>
> Can get noisy though.

Just to keep all those interested  informed, I sent KB a single
document. The main changes to appearance were, logos, colors in css, and
wholesale substitution of "upstream" name to CentOS. Nothing else has
changed so the doc is still in quite a questionable state. My first
suggestion is to either 1) completely remove the legal preamble and
insert a url referring to the original document somewhere at the bottom
of the page 2) remove any references to CentOS support.

I think once we have agreed to what can and cannot go into one of these
documents, I will proceed to generate the remaining ones in the tree. I
would suggest that only after this is done, we discuss integrating this
into a wiki or converting to other formats.