[CentOS-docs] http://www.centos.org/docs

Sat Apr 21 21:15:19 UTC 2012
Ed Heron <Ed at Heron-ent.com>

On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 16:05 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> But, most of it can be automated isnt it ? and the docs are only ever
> updated once every 6 to 8 months. Its more of a case of someone taking
> the task up, and spending the day or two needed to get to grips with
> whats involved and doing 1 doc. We can then scale up the effort from
> there. Breaking inertia is key.

  I would say the RHEL docs are a starting point.  The first step is to
remove the RHEL logos and such.  The next step is to change the pieces
that don't apply and add any sections for stuff that isn't close.  At
that point, the docs become an animal completely separate from the RHEL
docs.

  Future RHEL docs would then have to be diff'd to discover what changes
they've made and decide if we wish to add their changes to CentOS docs.

  I can fantasize that RHEL might even check out our docs and see if any
of our changes are worth adding back into their docs.