[CentOS-docs] CentOS 6 Documentation

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Fri Dec 21 10:44:13 UTC 2012

Am 18.12.2012 16:30, schrieb Valued Customer:
> Hello all.  I'm wondering when the release of version 6 documentation
> might be out, or if the shift is to the wiki pages for this
> information.  When going to: *https://www.centos.org/docs/ *I don't see
> 6 listed.

Just to bring that one up again: I'm still looking for a sane toolchain
to edit/diff and patch XML files.

What I do have currently have is a set of automated tools to
programmatically turn Upstream's documentation into something that looks
more like CentOS documentation.
The main problem is that all the docs have to be reviewed and we will
have to edit some of them.

What I need is a way to keep track of the editing that has to be done to
turn the automatically processed upstream-docs into "real" CentOS
documentation with the upstream references removed and/or updated. From
time to time I had been looking around for a tool helping with that. If
you (or somebody else) has a good idea just tell me.

The processing chain I originally planned is:

1. Upstream XML Docs + XSLT -> CentOSified XML Docs
2. CentOSified XML Docs + XML-Patches -> CentOS XML Docs

Part 1 is 99% done. The XSLT may need a few additional tweaks, but is is
basically there (and has been for around two years now...)

Part 2 is completely missing due to a lack of the right tools, time and
knowledge.

Regards,
Andreas
--