[CentOS-docs] Format for giving examples of commands

Sun Jun 17 20:23:29 UTC 2012
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>

On Sunday 17 June 2012, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think people's opinions will split on this. When the above change
> was made, Karanbir Singh noted on IRC:

I guess I'll have to start following IRC.

> I tend to agree that we want to be sure users do not just copy the
> while thing in one shot.

The main problem with copy and paste, I think, is that usually a
carriage return is automatically added at the end, and so the command is
immediately executed. Forcing users to copy and paste individual bits
does nothing to prevent this.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se