[CentOS-docs] Arabic Wiki

Wed Mar 14 20:42:38 UTC 2012

On 03/14/2012 05:12 PM, Steve-Mustafa Ismail wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a MAJOR fan of CentOS and its proven itself a lifesaver many a time
> in my professional and personal lives.

good to hear!

> I was hoping to help out by contributing to the wiki by translating as
> much as is possible of the wiki into Arabic.  The thing is, the wiki is

excellent place to start from.

> split into several ISO based country codes and there are 22 countries
> where Arabic is the national language, do I pick one in specific or is
> there some way, that I am certainly not aware of, where we can lump them
> all into one?  I'd hazard the same thing applies for Spanish (Latin
> countries and Spain) amongst other languages that abound this rapidly
> browning Earth.

The wiki and the region sub-sites are meant to be split based on
language rather than region (eg. JA for Japanese rather than JP for
Japan ); so in this case the ISO636-1 code for Arabic is 'ar' which
would then apply to all Arabic content. If there are region specific
differences ( eg. Chinese traditional and simplified ), then we can do
an ar_<regioncode> section.

Hope this helps

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax