[CentOS-docs] Arabic wiki pages

Wed Mar 21 22:17:24 UTC 2012
Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>

On 20.03.2012 19:59, Steve-Mustafa Ismail wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My wiki username is SteveMustafa
> I kindly request permission to create new localized wiki pages in Arabic,
> landing page should be
> http://wiki.centos.org/ar

I'll ask you the same things that I ask everyone going for a
translation: Are you alone or are there a few more people doing the
translation? Do you think you can keep up with a) the existing content
and b) changing wiki pages?

I ask that, because most attempts to add a language to the wiki ended
pretty soon, after a few articles were translated.

That is nothing personal, but just a question coming out of that
experience, I personally think it is great, that you want to do
something like that.

> Please be aware that there *might* be a need to create new templates since
> Arabic is an RTL language.

I haven't the faintest idea what has to be done to support that :)

Cheers,

Ralph