[CentOS-docs] Correction to HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey

Yves Bellefeuille

yan at storm.ca
Sat May 12 03:18:20 UTC 2012

On Friday 11 May 2012, Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>
wrote:

> I finally got around to this.

Thanks!

> Please review the resulting changes, and thanks again for the valuable
> advice.

At number 14, the example partition should be /dev/sda1, not /dev/sda2,
and "whatever device corresponds to the second USB partition" should be
"the first USB partition".

In fact, I think that the USB key will probably be /dev/sdb, not
/dev/sda, but you do specify that the user should choose the first
partition on the USB key, so the user can decide what's appropriate.

At number 15, I think I made a mistake. The BIOS *may* think that the
USB key is the first drive, but not necessarily. I think that this
depends on whether the user uses Grub or not. In any event, I suggest
"the BIOS may think that the USB key is the first drive", and "the user
may have to change the order of the hard drives".

As I said, this is my mistake. Sorry

At number 16, the example drive for the "mount" command should be the
same as the one mentioned at number 14, so if number 14 refers to
/dev/sda1, then number 16 should say "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda2
/mnt/isodir" (rather then /dev/sdb2).

Thanks again.

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se