[CentOS-docs] Translation of centos-art.sh script

Christoph Galuschka christoph.galuschka at chello.at
Tue Sep 4 16:27:06 EDT 2012

Am 02.09.2012 18:24, schrieb Alain Reguera Delgado:
> Hi,
>
> Could any of you help me to localize the `centos-art.sh' script into
> different languages? The infrastructure for doing it is already in place
> and quite automated. All we need is that you translate strings from
> English to your own language in an interface like the following:
>
> #: trunk/Scripts/Bash/Functions/Render/Svg/svg.sh:54
> msgid "Saved as"
> msgstr ""
>
> In this interface, `msgid' contains the English message we need to
> translate and `msgstr` is where you put your translation. The line
> beginning with # is a comment specifying the location of the English
> string you are translating.
>
> Thank you very much.

Alain,

I've been trying to follow your second post to the list re translating
the artwork to - in my case - german. However I seem to fail at it.
The questions that come to mind are:
- Do I need to run "centos-art.sh prepare"? Do you have some details on
how long that script should take to run? I stoped it after 10 mins or
something like that.
- I did set LANG to de_DE.UTF-8 to reflect the new language and started
"centos-art.sh locale". However I did not get a new folder with de_DE
under trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/. I only found es_ES there, and that
one seems to come from the downloaded tree. Did I do something wrong?
- Also, some estimation on how long "centos-art.sh locale" is going to
run would be appreciated?

and finally, once I finish a translation, how do I commit the changes
with svn to the server?

Thanks and cheers
Christoph