[CentOS-docs] Translation of centos-art.sh script

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 02:50:12 UTC 2012

Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> - Do I need to run "centos-art.sh prepare"?

Yes. This is the first thing you need to do after downloading the
working copy. See
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork#head-4333cf1e4c01592360ea1a849bc937487f6c9cd4

> - Do I need to run "centos-art.sh prepare"? Do you have some details on
how long that script should take to run? I stoped it after 10 mins or
something like that.

Yes. The whole preparation process can take more than 10 minutes
certainly. For example, in a test I just made, it took near to 25
minutes to complete, this without counting the installation or
actualization of  packages that you might need. The time consuming task
here is the image rendition process which creates near to 687 images.

Nevertheless, to reduce the preparation time you need to start
translating, you can skip the image rendition process all over by
running the following command instead:

~/artwork/trunk/Scripts/Bash/centos-art.sh prepare --set-environment
--packages --links --locales --manuals

and later doing:

centos-art locale trunk/Scripts/Bash --edit --dont-commit-changes

> - I did set LANG to de_DE.UTF-8 to reflect the new language and started
> "centos-art.sh locale". However I did not get a new folder with de_DE
> under trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/.

Yes. That's very probable when centos-art.sh is not run correctly.

> I only found es_ES there, and that
> one seems to come from the downloaded tree. Did I do something wrong?
> - Also, some estimation on how long "centos-art.sh locale" is going to
> run would be appreciated?

Here is the script output and the time it consumes to finish the task in
my workstation:

[al at orion ~]$ time centos-art locale trunk/Scripts/Bash
--dont-commit-changes --update
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Commons/messages.pot
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Commons/messages.po
Actualizando    trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Help/messages.pot
Actualizando    trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Help/messages.po
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Locale/messages.pot
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Locale/messages.po
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Prepare/messages.pot
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Prepare/messages.po
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Render/messages.pot
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Render/messages.po
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Tuneup/messages.pot
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/Functions/Tuneup/messages.po
Actualizando    trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/centos-art.sh.po
Actualizando
trunk/Locales/Scripts/Bash/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/centos-art.sh.mo

real    0m8.296s
user    0m2.197s
sys     0m5.453s

Note that I didn't pass the --edit option here. This option opens a text
editor for you to make translations and it will delay the whole process,
based on how much translation you need do.

> and finally, once I finish a translation, how do I commit the changes
> with svn to the server?

To commit your changes up to the central repository you need to register
a subversion account in https://projects.centos.org/trac/artwork and
request commit permission on `trunk/Locales' directory structure to
Ralph, he is the repository administrator.

TIP: If you want to save yourself some time, be sure that the username
you use in your workstation be the same you use to create your
subversion account. This way subversion won't ask for your username each
time you commit a change.

Once you have the commit access to the central repository it should be
possible for you to share your changes.

Best regards,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>