[CentOS-docs] strange error noise ...

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:43:11 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 05:26 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
>   	echo "$MESSAGE" 1>&2
>
> is the usual way, so that it follows the stderr file handle
> assigned to that sub-shell, rather than (as here in your
> approach) trying to write directly to a device to which it
> does not have rights

Russ, it is evident I was confused about it. Now I understand why it
wasn't possible to run the script through su without all those
permission denied messages.

I will update the script to fix this, based on your suggestion, and will
commit the changes up to the central repository soon.

Thank you,

--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>