[CentOS-docs] Fwd: WpaSupplicant how to

Dan King

centos at dwdking.ca
Thu Jun 6 09:23:58 UTC 2013

Hi Carl,

First off thanks for the guide, overall it made things quite easy for me.

As fro my ifcfg file for the interface, the didn't exist before I created
while following the how-to. So at first I just had

ONBOOT="yes"

After some googling in attempts to fix my issue I modified it to have:

TYPE=Wireless
WPA=yes
ONBOOT="yes"
HWADDR=5C:D9:98:C2:0F:BD

None of these fixed my issue and that is when I changed the line in the
prepnet init script.

I changed the prepnet init script back to killall dhclient and then added
the BOOTPROTO and this didn't have the desired affect.

After that I copied your entire ifcfg file for my interface, excluding the
UUID because I wasn't sure how to determine what mine was and just modified
the HWADDR to match my MAC address. This seems to have worked. I'm not sure
which setting(s) were the ones that got it up and running. If it isn't
glaringly obvious let me know and I can experiment and try to determine
what exactly I was missing from the file.

Thanks for the assistance.

Dan