[CentOS-docs] Microsoft likes CentOS's wiki

Karanbir Singh

kbsingh at centos.org
Thu May 23 09:07:39 UTC 2013

On 05/23/2013 12:00 AM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Microsoft liked my How-To for Skype so much it copied part of it on its
> own page
> (https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12120/getting-started-with-skype-
> for-linux?intcmp=blogs-_-generic-click-_-skype-for-linux-4-2#2.5)
>
> Microsot is entitled to copy the How-To both legally and ethically, but
> it also claims copyright, which it can't do. On the other hand, it only
> copied a small part, specifically three "yum" commands. And it does
> refer back to our Wiki.

does their url back to the wiki constitute 'enough' to satisfy the
attribution requirements ?

w.r.t claims on (c) - yes, lets quantify that and ping them about it -
most likely, they are just not aware of it.

--
Karanbir Singh, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS