[CentOS-docs] Edit Wiki

pcombs at megocollector.com pcombs at megocollector.com
Thu Apr 3 12:20:31 UTC 2014

username: paulcombs

subject: http://wiki.centos.org/AdrianHall/CentralizedLDAPAuth

I find that the CentOS Wiki's to be useful, however, sometimes
incomplete.  I would like to contribute where I can to complete Wiki
articles so that the end result is the expected result.

I have been in contact with Adrian Hall author of this article
ttp://wiki.centos.org/AdrianHall/CentralizedLDAPAuth and would like edit
rights to make a few initial corrections, and maybe more to it a little
later after a few test installations.

Thank you,
Paul

Below is the email trail ...

Thanks Paul,

I am no longer in this community and this paper is a couple of years
old.  Feel free to petition to get edit rights and update it.

Sent from my iPad

     On Apr 2, 2014, at 7:54 AM, pcombs at megocollector.com wrote: I was
walking through your writeup the other day in the attempt to get a
working LDAP server.
http://wiki.centos.org/AdrianHall/CentralizedLDAPAuth A good writeup,
however, I found a few errors in it, that I should point out to you. I
have a list, where the (-) is the line that should be changed to the
(+). They became easy to spot, when I did some cutting and pasting. My
aim in pointing these out is so that it may be easier for the next
person to walk through these otherwise good instructions. -yum -y
install openldap openldapservers openldap-clients perl +yum -y install
openldap openldap-servers openldap-clients perl -ldapseaarch -x -H
ldap:/// -b BASE-DN "(objectclass=nisMap)" +ldapsearch -x -H ldap:/// -b
BASE-DN "(objectclass=nisMap)" -ldapadd -a -f /root/ahall.ldif -H
ldap:/// -C "cn=Manager,BASE-DN" -W +ldapadd -a -f /root/ahall.ldif -H
ldap:/// -D "cn=Manager,BASE-DN" -W -yum -y install openldap
openlda-clients nss-pam-ldapd pam_ldap nscd autofs rpcbind nfs-utils
+yum -y install openldap openldap-clients nss-pam-ldapd pam_ldap nscd
autofs rpcbind nfs-utils Have a great day. Thank you, Paul