[CentOS-docs] Request for access to wiki

Thu Jan 23 21:11:55 UTC 2014
Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org>

On 01/23/2014 03:03 PM, Paul Mansfield wrote:
>> Historically, to get rights on the CentOS wiki, one had to
>> have a:
>
> given that getting people to write documentation at all requires a lot
> of effort, putting so many impediments in their way doesn't make
> sense.

This is part of what we're hoping to address.

> I had a few things I wanted to add to the wiki, by the time I managed
> to get a working login I'd mostly forgotten what it was and lost all
> motivation.

This is why. You're not the only one to say this.

> Looking at the change log suggests the wiki isn't overloaded with
> changes. Other distros seem to have much more thriving communities.
> Maybe Centos simply doesn't feel the need?

Traditionally, there wasn't much need. Most things came top-down, and we
spent more time focusing on getting the base builds right. Now we're
adding to that focus and trying to get more folks involved, rather than
just being one-way consumers.

--
Jim Perrin