[CentOS-docs] Request for access to wiki

Fri Jan 24 02:22:19 UTC 2014

On 01/23/2014 08:41 PM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd also think "is a contributor in another SIG" to possibly be good
>> enough, too. A contributor is someone who is doing work that is being
>> checked and approved by a committer. I would think the barrier to
>> being able to write to the wiki should be lower than for code. But we
>> do want to have standards.
>
> What's all this about SIGs, contributors, and committers? The CentOS
> Wiki didn't use to work that way.

The contribution policy is defined up here :
http://wiki.centos.org/Contribute#head-42b3d8e26400a106851a61aebe5c2cca54dd79e5
its not changing.

If it changes, the reasons and what is changing will be discussed here
to make sure its in line with what the existing contributors expect!

Opening up the wiki to a wider audience has always been an aim, but key
to being able to do that rests in a technically competent editorial
group and a greylisting capable content pipeline.

Let me know if that clears up the confusion.

--
Karanbir Singh