[CentOS-docs] w.r.t. firstname lastname

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Sun Jul 27 21:27:47 UTC 2014

On 07/27/2014 12:49 PM, 666threesixes666 wrote:
> I try not to post my real name on the internet.  I'm basically asking
> for commit access for user sub page space for formatting, & staging of
> documents for management review.  When I'm actually @ linbit ill
> probably start the motions to have an official account something like
> "linbit-usa" to publish the works under.  I'm used to mediawiki,
> moinmoin wiki is new to me.  They will be complete documents, & sub
> pages under the grand subject of HA linux.

While I understand your hesitance to post your real name, please look at
things from our end. Someone submitting html email with black background
and a satanic (right or wrong, that's the impression most folks have)
nickname asks for write access. It makes a rather bold statement by
itself, and even more of one to be all "sure, totally fine go ahead". I
much want to enable contribution, but there does need to be some measure
of validation for write access.

> http://wiki.centos.org/666threesixes666/test?action=edit
>
> 666threesixes666 >> test
> You are not allowed to edit this page.

There were issues in the past which caused the lockdown.

--
Jim Perrin