[CentOS-docs] w.r.t. firstname lastname

Mon Jul 28 10:47:37 UTC 2014
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 07/27/2014 12:49 PM, 666threesixes666 wrote:
> I try not to post my real name on the internet.  I'm basically asking
> for commit access for user sub page space for formatting, & staging of
> documents for management review.  When I'm actually @ linbit ill
> probably start the motions to have an official account something like
> "linbit-usa" to publish the works under.  I'm used to mediawiki,
> moinmoin wiki is new to me.  They will be complete documents, & sub
> pages under the grand subject of HA linux.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/666threesixes666/test?action=edit
>
> 666threesixes666 >> test
> You are not allowed to edit this page.
>
> I can't even preview a post with how locked down the wiki is.
> http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Main_Page looks pretty dead to me.
> --threesixes

Here is the bottom line .. you can most definitely be anonymous and use
CentOS.  That is perfectly fine and we encourage it.

However contributions to CentOS are merit (meritocracy) based.  In order
to demonstrate merit one may not be anonymous, since merit is earned.

When we give people permission to do "enhanced" things, that "enhanced
permission" is based on merit.

So, no name == no merit == no permission

it is no more or less complicated than that.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes