[CentOS-docs] Documentation SIG

Joe Brockmeier

jzb at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 13:00:39 UTC 2014

On 03/13/2014 07:12 AM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 03/12/2014 09:39 AM, Tim Krupinski wrote:
>> Hey all -
>>
>> Just curious to find out if there's any activity with the documentation
>> SIG?  I'd like to join.  One thing i've noticed is that it seems like
>> documentation for CentOS ends at 5.  While the documentation is more or
>> less mirrored from RedHat's site, this can be confusing to beginners since
>> they may get the impression that documentation isn't there.
>
> Most of the activity has been around things other than docs, but you do
> bring up a good point. We *need* to address this.

Another thing to consider, and I don't know if I've seen elsewhere, is
whether there'll be a 'standard' way to produce documentation for
variants / anything produced by SIGs.

Will that just go on the wiki? Should it be full-blown DocBook guides
like the official upstream docs? Will every SIG just make that decision
on their own? (In a perfect world, documentation for all variants would
be similar and not a Frankenstein's monster mix of wiki, DocBook, or
whatever else.)

I guess the Xen4CentOS project would be the current poster child for
variants? Looks like that documentation lives on the wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/Xen4-01

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst