[CentOS-docs] GSoC - Syncing docs between GitHub and CentOS's git repo

kunaal jain kunaalus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 18:56:47 UTC 2015

I agree with Pete. Using bugzilla for discussion takes all the fun
part of Documentation. We need something more engaging as well as easy
for discussion. I too mentioned my concern about relying on Github
during discussion with Karsten .

I suggested Mailing list for discussion.

I think using existing open source platforms for discussions and
modifying them for our toolchain will be the best option.

One important thing which I focused on my proposed tool chain is
minimal effort by the contributor once he pushes his new content. I
don't wish to make the documentation procedure like bug tracking
procedure, we review and suggest changes, he makes them and proposes
it and then the cycle starts again. Ideally he pushes content, docs
people review it for the correctness, make / suggests minor changes
through mailing list, a part of our tool chain runs some basic tests
on the docs, and the content is approved and pulled to our repository.
It should be push and forget, but that can't happen. :)

Github is best for this. We can discuss changes on PR, the content
resides on the respective forks of the users visible to public,
everyone is free to fork the users changes, improve it and push it
again.

So in the end using Github or our own site or the Mailing list is a
call to be made by the people who'll actually use it i.e. docs people.

Regards,
Kunal Jain