[CentOS-docs] GSoC - Syncing docs between GitHub and CentOS's git repo

kunaal jain

kunaalus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:21:50 UTC 2015

Hi Lei!

We need to have two way mirroring.

The push direction that is from CentOS to Github can be done in a
synchronous way through post-receive hooks as we have access to CentOS
servers. We don't need to depend on Github for that.

For the pull direction that is from Github to CentOS, we can configure
various webhooks which github provides for various events like new
commit or pull request. Our server at CentOS can repond to those
webhooks accordingly. :)

This way both the repositories can be synced in a near synchronous way.

Another alternative is official mirror (https://github.com/mirrors),
but they don't accept such request publicly anymore. Through CentOS we
can establish a contact with them, maybe they will consider.

Regards,
Kunal Jain