[CentOS-docs] Working Documentation Toolchain [GSoC]
kunaalus at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:21:55 UTC 2015
The basic toolchain is up and running. I encourage community to test
this workflow once. It is an addition to the existing contributing
Contributing Docs repo : https://github.com/kunaaljain/test-centos-docs
Initial Idea : http://wiki.centos.org/GSoC/2015/Ideas#docs-toolchain
The CentOS Project needs more short-form contributions of content that
focuses on how-to do things on top of a CentOS Linux installation,
with a method to push changes in to appropriate and related upstream
open source projects.
There is a lot of content scattered across the Internet on how to do
things with CentOS Linux. The goal of this toolchain is to make it
easy for people to contribute new, short-form content articles to the
Project with an ability to push them outward to relevant upstream
1. The user authors content in markdown format and creates a pull
request on Github.
2. The backend service mirrors the pull request to pagure and creates a issue.
3. The doc is built and a link is provided to preview the doc.
5. Staff reviews the docs, gives comments either on pagure or github
(two way synced)
4. Once the staff approves the doc is built and doc site updated.
1. A backend server listing to Github and Pagure webhooks and mirroring content.
2. A http site displaying the temporary docs.
3. A pagure instance
1. Fork the https://github.com/kunaaljain/test-centos-docs
2. Add new content to docs folder in mardown language.
3. Update the mkdocs.yml file and add the new file you just created
with appropriate heading.
4. Create a pull request.
5. Within 15-20 seconds, a comment will be made on pull request, with
the pagure link, which displaying various metadata.
6. Once the staff approves, PR is merged and site updated at
More information about the CentOS-docs