[CentOS-docs] Fwd: CentOS.org redirected links in wiki.c.o/Download

PatrickD Garvey patrickdgarveyt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 01:43:18 UTC 2015

>>> [http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/isos/x86_64/ x86_64]
>>> [http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386/ i386]
>>> x86_64] [http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/5/isos/i386/ i386]

>>> [http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/ RPMs]
>>> [http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/ RPMs]
>>> [http://mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5/ RPMs] do NOT get
>>> redirected.
>>>
>>> Should the first list be changed in wiki.c.o/Download? Should
>>> both lists be changed? Should neither list be changed?
>>>

>> Does anyone have any advice?
>
> Trying to understand the issue : all links on the wiki point to
> mirror.centos.org .. but the RewriteRule happens at the
> mirror.centos.org level when trying to reach /isos/* ..
> I don't see a problem here. Can you elaborate ? Or do you just want to
> switch mirror.centos.org to isoredirect directly ?
>
> - --
>
> Fabian Arrotin

Thank you. Excellent answer.

I had a suspicion there was something like a RewriteRule happening,
though I've never used one. The directory name "isoredirect" seemed
like a clue, but, since I don't have administrative access to
centos.org, I had to ask for more knowledgeable help.
Your answer also seems to indicate that changing the wiki data from
"[mirror.centos.org..." to "[isoredirect.centos.org..." is considered
bad style in this case, the preference being a RewriteRule

I'll move on to the next issue I have with wiki.c.o/Download, which
I'll address in a new posting when I recall what it is.