[CentOS-docs] Where is the official doc for CentOS 7

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Sun Feb 15 15:34:39 UTC 2015

On 02/14/2015 12:36 PM, Tom Sorensen wrote:
> I bugged Jim about this daily on IRC for a bit, and he had gotten some
> tractIon from legal, but that was several months ago.
>
> Again, a link to http://docs.redhat.com would be nice if nothing else.

With 6, the licensing changed to cc-by-sa which means we could copy
them, *if* we keep them intact. It's unclear if trimming the javascript
and some html constitutes a 'change'. Based on how Scientific copies[0]
them in their TUV directory, I'd say 'yes it does'. Oracle also does not
modify the content, instead hosting the pdf version of the documentation
while providing their own additional documentation.

With EL-7, the licensing is even less clear, and SL appears to not host
any of the 7 docs. I don't know if they've asked RH about licensing or not.

0 -
ftp://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/documents/tuv/6/index.html

--
Jim Perrin