[CentOS-docs] Regarding Static website generator [GSOC Docs-toolchain]

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 03:22:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 8:47 AM, kunaal jain <kunaalus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lei and I have been working on the project, based on community input. We
> have implemented two way sync between github and pagure as suggest by many.
>
> Now we want build the site and display it to user. There are number of
> options mkdocs, hugo(docker uses it now) etc.
>
> There are pros and cons to each site generator. To use hugo, we need the
> user to have hugo installed too, and than he needs to run hugo command to
> create a new file, which is big con.
>
> Mkdocs is great too, but little inflexible we found.

You would probably have to do better than just list one reason a piece.

> Any suggestions on which tool to use?

A good part of this decision is hinged on what are the design
considerations you have in place. More importantly, since you'll be
developing this, what are your thoughts?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>